Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I hate Mondays. I hate them especially after a good weekend. I hate having to return to the cavern that is my office. I hate corporate wear and corporate life. I hate pointless jobs and pointless paperwork.

On another note, I love the new movie "Children of Men." You should go see it, immediately. It's about a near-future when humanity has become sterile. With the advancing chaos, society marches steadily into complete totalitarianism. Go. now.

here's some random things i was looking into last week, but didn't get around to because i was packing:

D.R.E.A.D.
The newest concept weapon being hyped to the military is called DREAD. The weapon is a gun, but no a firearm - it requires no gunpowder. It can fire 120,000 rounds/min at top speeds of 8,000 feet/sec. It has no recoil, no sound and can not jam. Oh, and it fires ammo that looks like golf balls. And the thing only weighs 28 lbs. Yikes. Here's the link. http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,14632,Soldiertech_DREAD,,00.html

Obama and Cocaine
http://www.talkleft.com/story/2007/1/3/23218/91557
Not only did he admit to smoking marijuana (did i inhale? that's the point), but more recently also to using cocaine in his younger days. Good for him, it makes him more credible than all the lying bastards in congress who would just have daddy cover it up. Didn't I read that the fastest growing segment of the population for drug use is white middle aged Americans? yep, i sure did.

Olbermann has another scorcher about Bush's use of the word "sacrifice" to excuse the escalation in Iraq.
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/01/02/olbermann-special-comment-on-sacrifice/

Some republicans are wackos - this radio host calls for the assassination of Democratic members of congress - tell me how this isn't a crime? I mean how quickly do you think the secret service would show up if it was a democratic radio host calling for the assassination of the President?
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53245

Speaking of Bush; Is bush a psychopath? You decide.
http://www.visualfoxpro-developers.com/bushpoll.asp

The Military Times recently polled their readers (mostly active duty service members) and found that 60% do NOT support an escalation in Iraq, and only 1 in 3 support Bush's handling of the war....I don't know, shouldn't we listen to the boots on the ground? Oh wait, no, actually if they don't agree with our dear president - he has them fired (re: General Casey).

I hate when people display hypocritical behavior. I hate it even more when they do it on the back of their car with a bumper sticker and the car is the hypocritical behavior. For instance, "Support the Troops" stickers on SUVs, otherwise known as gas guzzling mother fuckers. Here's a website that takes progressives to task - (I think they should include my example too, but oh well) http://www.zombietime.com/concourse_of_hypocrisy/concourse.html

Sometimes we have food days- people's b-day's, etc. Today is Carl's b-day and we have some sandwiches, some wraps, chips, a carrot cake and some brownies. I bit into one the brownies hoping for pot, but no luck.

Bush quote 6/28/05

"Some Americans ask me, if completing the mission is so important, why don't you send more troops? If our commanders on the ground say we need more troops, I will send them. But our commanders tell me they have the number of troops they need to do their job. Sending more Americans would undermine our strategy of encouraging Iraqis to take the lead in this fight. And sending more Americans would suggest that we intend to stay forever, when we are, in fact, working for the day when Iraq can defend itself and we can leave. As we determine the right force level, our troops can know that I will continue to be guided by the advice that matters: the sober judgment of our military leaders."

(care of Americablog --> think progress)
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/01/08/bush-more-troops/

My eyes feel like they are burning out of my head - I'd say it's time for new contacts.

So the L word premiered this weekend. All I have to say is that it's nice to have the ladies back.

what's with the smell in New York City?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home