Thursday, October 19, 2006

8:35a
It's even more amazing how good 30 minutes of extra sleep with your wife can make you feel in the morning. Add bacon, eggs and toast to that, and I was good to go this morning...until I got outside. It wasn't raining, it was misting. Misting is the worst. You can't figure out which setting you want your wipers on because the slowest it's too slow and the next slowest, is too fast. grr. but i just keep thinking about sleeping until 6:30a and eating a good breakfast....that keeps me happy.

10:10a
Ugh, I just got out of a meeting that was completely useless and totally boring. And, I found out that my lunch today has been pushed back to 1:30p. That's the downside, the upside is that Jen is coming to have lunch with me again today, and after lunch, I'll only have 2.5 hours of work left. I know. Good huh?

11:20a
My heater hasn't worked in two days, today I turned it on and magically it worked. My feet are toasty and happy.

11:40a
The heater just died again. My feet are cold and sad.

12:07p
Ok, now I'm starting to get hungry.

1:14p
Holy crap! I just looked at stats and we made it over 10,000 page views sometime last Thursday - that's what I get for not checking my page stats very often. Bad jalynn

3:07p
Lunch was good - nothing than better than the wife coming to pick you up and take you for a quick lunch. Now we just have to get through the rest of the day, fortunately that only means 2 hours.

3:48p
This is bull. A bus driver refuses to drive a bus bearing a "gay themed" ad because of religious reasons. And the company is letting the employee get away with it. BULLSHIT. My religion tells me that I don't have to put up with all you bigots - so I'm going to need my company, and my government to kick your asses out. This goes right along with pharmacists that refuse to dispense a medication because it goes against their beliefs - here's a solution, don't be a pharmacist.
http://rawstory.com/showoutarticle.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.startribune.com%2F535%2Fstory%2F749617.html

3:57p
Meanwhile, I heard on NPR this morning Condi rice saying that we would consider all, and she empasized all options to defend our allies in asia against a NK attack. I think that maybe she was possibly implying that we would use nuclear weapons - with the option of definitely meaning that. great just great. i'll be moving to my cabin in the woods to hide from the nuclear fallout and disaster that will befall the earth if we start firing nuclear weapons all over the place.

3:59p
Did you hear about the 14 year-old that got a visit from the secret service because of a post she wrote and a picture she posted on her myspace account? 14. 14! you'd think that the government would have better people to investigate than a 14 year old girl who idly said that someone should take out the presnit. Also, they spoke with her without the consent of her parents which i'm sure violates some quaint law or something - but they are likely to not care since the congress has pretty much just stood by and allowed the president to just make unprecendented grabs for power. like the torture law. yeah. the one that says the the prez can declare anyone an enemy combatant and ship them off to gitmo - this sounds familiar, i'll have to look up the passage from it can't happen here...

4:08p
Ahhhh! Why can't google get all books up on their book search site? I want all knowledge at my fingertips!

4:09p
Oh, and Bush wants to militarize space. awesome idea. great, just great.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/17/AR2006101701484_pf.html

Speaking of Bush - he bought nearly 100,000 acres in Paraguay - that would be south america - home of lots of war criminals.
http://www.plenglish.com/article.asp?ID=%7bEBA55617-2676-4091-ABBC-20650EB6FEE1%7d&language=EN

Go back to bed america - your government is in control. Go back to bed america - please avert your eyes from the half million people fleeing iraq, don't mind the civil war, disregard the stripping of your civil rights...hey! look! dancing with the stars is on.

one of the saddest moments last week was when i was at the grocery and the woman in front of me and the cashier were talking about the tv lineup. the cashier said, tomorrow is great, you've got the cards game (i'll give him that one), deal or no deal and survivor! I'm willing to bet this guy doesn't read the paper on a regular basis and probably still thinks that saddam had something to do with 9/11.

4:18p
Also, KOlberbermann is supposed to do a commentary tonight, this one about our lost right to habeaus corpus.

4:51p
Ok, here's a big time waster - ChildCare Action Project - rating movies on six criteria: wanton violence/crime, impudence/hate, sex/homosexuality, drugs/alcohol, offense to god, and murder/suicide.

Here the report for bring it on - that light hearted delicious cheerleading movie with kirsten dunst and eliza dushku:

SUMMARY / COMMENTARY:*Bring It On* (PG-13) -- a sad mix of vilifying of high school hijinks and brain pan paralysis.*Bring It On* was little more than a bunch of adults acting like teenagers in vulgar and otherwise immoral ways. It was a teen sex show without nudity -- without full nudity anyway: a movie to tell young girls there are big bucks and other bundles of bounty as bouncing body babes. Too bad, too. There were some really fine athletes and gymnasts in this flick with some intricate and inspiring routines. But this open-minded, think-for-yourself, almost parent-free cheer fantasy does present some terms of mature intellectuality and profound worldliness such as "cheer sex" -- describing vulgar touching during boy/girl cheers and "ogling my goodies." That is about the extent of the value of this movie. Oh, yeah! Your teen girls will get a real good lesson in "real life" -- how to be vicious in social interactions and conniving toward completion. One of the cheers used, as a musical I guess, was " I jump! You can look but don't hump. I am major. I roar. I swear I'm not a whore." I couldn't write fast enough to catch the rest of it, but it was not any better. (easily found on the internet: I'm bitchin', great hair, / The boys all love to stare, / I'm wanted, I'm hot, / I'm everything you're not, / I'm pretty, I'm cool, / I dominate the school, / Who am I? Just guess, / Guys wanna touch my chest, / I'm rockin', I smile, / And many think I'm vile, / I'm flyin', I jump, / You can look but don't you hump, / Whoo / I'm major, I roar , / I swear I'm not a whore, / We cheer and we lead, / We act like we're on speed, / You hate us 'cause we're beautiful, / Well we don't like you either, / We're cheerleaders, / We are cheerleaders. /Roll call... ) Some of the moves in some of the cheer routines made me wonder whether those lyrics were all that pretend, especially the moves to mimic sexual intercourse. *Bring It On* is a sad mix of vilifying of high school hijinks and brain pan paralysis. And there was absolutely no evidence of any sort of concern for the developing of wholesome morals and values of young teens. But then, what is different about this teen flick from any of the other summertime flooding of PG-13 of the year 2000? All of them seem to be pushing potty-mouth smut to early teens (and younger) as if that is the way you are supposed to be when you grow up. And there was mockery of Christianity as well as one team of obviously shunned cheerleaders kneeled to pray -- twice. If this was supposed to be a comedy, there was nothing funny about it. That's all I am going to say about this journey into moral depravity and empty-headed sexual theft of childhood from children. I will leave the "rest of the story" to the Findings/Scoring section.As always, it is best to refer to the Findings/Scoring section -- the heart of the CAP analysis model -- for the most complete assessment possible of this movie.
FINDINGS/SCORING
NOTE: Multiple occurrences of each item described below may be likely.Wanton Violence/Crime (W):
threat of violence
vulgar argument leading to fightImpudence/Hate (I)(1):
many "catfight" insults and innuendo
arrogance against parental authority (when?)
insults based on assumed homosexuality
lies
vulgar gestures
cheating
two uses of the most foul of the foul words (that would be "fuck")
41 uses of the three/four letter word vocabulary (they actually counted?)Sex/Homosexuality (S):
many vulgar cheer moves and routines, including two women mimicking sexual intercourse and lesbian actions (I must have missed that)
planning sexual immorality
sex talk, comments, innuendoes
locker room underwear
ghosting of female anatomy through clothing (ghosting?)
vulgar self-touching (?)
vulgar dance routine
camera angle forcing viewer on private parts
admission of bisexuality (really?)
vulgar touch, male to female during cheer
male/female in bed
using breasts as car wash sponges
"ogling my goodies"
inappropriate touch
sex song (sex song?)
potty-mouthed younger brother
homosexual presence (ooooh scary homosexuals...)Drugs/Alcohol (D):
abuse of prescription drugs (really?)Offense to God (O)(2):
"The Naked Ape" book (the book claiming man is from apes) (ooooh scary evolution...)
six uses of God's name in vain without the four letter expletiveMurder/Suicide (M)(3) :
none noted

HAHAHHAHAAHA - for your entertaiment http://capalert.com/capreports/index.htm I can't wait to read the one for harry potter (oooh scary witchcraft...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home