Tuesday, October 25, 2005

9:32am
I need to figure out how I can make this office drama into an extension of my current assignment. If they’re shorthanded a full timer, it would make sense for them to keep one or more of the temps later on to pick up the slack. That temp should be me.

10:42am
Damn. I just finished the only book that I brought to read today. I don’t know what I’ll do for the next 8 hours.

10:52am
The intelligence of people never ceases to amaze me. A customer calls the service number, it informs them to press “1” for existing accounts or “2” to set up a new account or for more information on our product line. “1” goes to the full-timers because they have access to the accounts, “2” goes to temps because we can set up accounts and answer general questions. I cannot tell you how many people I get that ask me to look up something in their account. Dial “1” for existing accounts!

2:03pm
I’m so bored I can’t even think straight. Of course, it’s really not surprising that I can’t think straight; I’ve never been able to do so before. I’ve resorted to www.orisinal.com

2:14pm
I’m actually starting to memorize the various numbers that we transfer people to. Gah!

2:51pm
My boss is my hero. We got our $75 Rewards cards today! For a total of $100 in incentives. Yay!

3:39pm
Now resorting to milkandcookies.com, all pretense of doing anything is suspended.

3:50pm
Don’t be rude or get an attitude with me. I want to help you. I’m paid to help you. But if you get snarky with me, I will transfer you into outer space.

5:02pm
I want to die. <--shamelessly playing online games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home