Wednesday, October 19, 2005

10:05am
To buy or not to buy $150+ baseball tickets?

12:05pm
My boss is quizzing us on materials that we are supposed to know and passing out PowerBall tickets to those who get the question correct. PowerBall, by the way, is up to $340 million. I've already secured an apartment full of Red Bull and vodka if my coworker wins and I've assured her I will buy her a top-notch washer and dryer if I win. I think the Red Bull's going to cost her more at $50 a case, though she informs me, you can get it at $38 a case at Sams.

1:07pm
4 hours and 53 minutes remain
I did have a really excellent peanut butter sandwich with chocolate shavings - the only thing that could have made it better would be a layer of marshmallow cream.

1:18pm
So, without getting into specifics, my company sells two types of products with a variety of products within those two types. My department sets up accounts so that the company can order online through our online ordering tool. You have to have a separate account for the two types of products. This all makes perfect sense to me. But here's where it gets tricky, you have to have a separate account for each product, even within the type! So everytime you want to order a different product, you have to go through the entire process again, including risk assessment! Does this make sense to anyone? NO? I didn't think so.

1:44pm
4 hours and 16 minutes remain.
12 calls in 4 hours and 15 minutes, real busy day

2:05pm
What? No one wants to name a ceiling tile?

2:20pm
Not only do you have to have a different account for each product, you have to have a separate account for each variation of a particular product?!

2:30pm
I'm glad I'm putting my very expensive education to good use. I haven't felt a brain cell fire here in a week.

2:37pm
I have never wished so badly for email in my life.

3:57pm
Let's just reflect on the fact that I've voluntarily gotten out of bed at 6:45am for the past 3 days to work out.

Now let's reflect on the recent NY Times article about Rachel Ray. I do not find her sexy - "Her sexy but nonthreatening style appealed to Food Network executives who were shifting away from celebrity chefs to home cooks," even if she did pose for FHM. Yep, two years ago, rumor confirmed. You can find the uniquely disturbing pictures by googling Rachel Ray and FHM. Furthermore, it is not that hard to create tasty, cheap 30 minute meals. Here are two, that I just made up. I call them chick and tots, and chick and chips. Enjoy.

Chick and Tots
Defrost chicken tenderloins in microwave (1 minute)
toss in pan with buffalo sauce, cover with lid
simmer until cooked through
defrost tator tots in microwave (2 minutes)
toss on cookies sheet
throw in oven at 450
remove when crisp
serve tots and chick with plenty of sour cream, more buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing.

Chick and Chips
Defrost chicken
slice into bits
simmer in buffalo sauce until cooked through
put tortilla chips on a plate, top with grated cheese
top with cooked chicken
microwave
serve with plenty of sour cream, buffalo sauce and ranch dressing
if you need more protein, add bacon.

and here's another recipe, just because i feel generous:

Tots Supreme
defrost tots
tots in oven
tots out of oven
top with a can of processed cheese warmed to pourable consistency in microwave
fry some bacon, cut into bits
top chessy tots with bacon, add sour cream
serve with beer

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can in fact buy Red Bull at Sam's for $38 a case. The only way to get it cheaper is to go through the local distributor. You probably drink enough to do that. Stay away from Red Thunder. It's an inferior product that has high-fructose corn syrup instead of glucoronalactone, which is WAY better for you and won't make you tubby.

Good luck with the Powerball.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home