Monday, October 17, 2005

10:20am
Well they must have fixed the phones because I've taken five calls so far - and I think that I only answered one of them incorrectly. Seven hours and forty minutes to go. It's not terrible, the people have been nice so far, and I talked to a lovely British woman. However, the boredom is starting to set in, and there's not even a boring lecture to look forward to.

11:54am
Two and a half hours - eight calls - and another handwritten letter! I know you all hope that you get one!

12:25pm
Two hours and 55 minutes -- grr, grr. I want to go to lunch and bossman made personal pizzas!

1:05pm
It's soo cold in my office that my fingers are blue and I'm shivering.

2:00pm
I have only a short 15 minute break to look forward to in the next four hours.

2:30pm
I've been here five hours and fielded 15 calls. 15. That's 3 an hour. Three, one-minute conversations an hour. 15 minutes of talking in five hours. Sometimes I think a monkey could do my job.

2:35pm
Minute by minute countdown. To clarify, thats when I write down the time in five minute incriments and x them off as we reach that time. I have three different ways to diagram this process.

2:40pm
I'd like to announce that three of the 1010 ceiling tiles have been named:
Ethan, Luke, Maria Belen - compliments of Jessica
If you would like to name a ceiling tile, you can email me at jalynnx3@gmail.com

2:45pm
I have four paper plates, three napkins, a plastic bottle, a can, various office supplies and a pair of silverware sitting here at my desk. I was contemplating constructing some sort of robot and setting it loose to wreak havoc in cubical land.

3:00pm
Robot project is bust - instead of wreaking havoc, it is now occupied with the numerous food tables that are interspersed throughout cubical land... Three hours remain.

4:00pm
We have plenty of highlighters and sharpie pens - I think we should paint ourselves in tribal colors and storm the office next door. Hoo-rah!

4:12pm
One hour and forty-eight minutes.
calls fielded = 18
breakdown - 2 calls/hour

5:41pm
I am now up to date on all the latest news and headlines, thats CNN, FARK, GOOGLE NEWS, and REALCLEARPOLITICS - is this day over yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home