Monday, November 13, 2006

The recent warm weather has made me feel that we have gone through winter in just a couple of weeks. It feels very much like spring when you step outside in the morning to walk the dog/go to work. It actually makes me feel pretty shitty because winter has not come yet, and it promises to be cold and wet this year. No spring/summer yet...though give global warming a couple more years and we will see what we will see.

My office is trying to make me chubby. All last week it was brownies and cake. Today, bagels.

here's your word plus one story of the day:

10: House Pests

"Check the Yellow Pages."

"Ah, here it is. 'Dolphin Poison.'"

http://www.wordplusone.com/

meanwhile, mexico city approves the registering of your civil union for legal purposes. go mexico! how can one of the largest cities in a staunchly catholic country go ahead and approve of the gays, and yet here in the good old USA, where 50% aren't even sure there's a god - we keep outlawing the consensual union of two people of the same sex.

via slashdot: "Robot Identifies Human Flesh as Bacon" http://blog.wired.com/tableofmalcontents/2006/11/robot_identifie.html

holy shit. "a lawsuit in germany will seek a criminal prosecution of [Rumsfeld]" http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1557842,00.html
The plaintiffs are 11 Iraqis that were held at Abu Ghraib. The documents, to be filed next week seek an investigation and prosecution of Rumsfeld, Gonzales, and Tenet along with numerous other high ranking civilian and military officials for their (alleged) role in the abuses there. I think they forgot Cheney and Bush....

Two things-

One, in my post yesterday, i made a giant freudian slip, "they show characters set in a different time/culture bust still recognizable" notice anything? perhaps me typing bust when talking about the two lovely ladies that were xena and gabrielle, when I meant to type the much more tame, though not by much, but. I could have typed butt - does that make me a boob girl?

Two, Katie is in a lockdown at her office because a double murder suspect is holded up in a house two blocks away from her. sucks on a friday. here's the story - http://www.kmov.com/topstories/stories/kmov_localnews_061109_swanseadouble.1f9b5ed1.html

Okay, I lied. Three things: Three, I love comments. Leave me some love. I had a comment today from Frank, the gentleman who's doing word plus one. i think i'll go leave him a comment right now. It's also nice to know that other people check up on their websites to see who has been around and where they came from.

The internet is wonderful because you can always find/learn something new. Links upon links. They can lead you anywhere. This, also is the folly of the internet, because sometimes you can't reconstruct how you got somewhere, and you stupidly did not save the link. I know there are services that allow you to "clip" or "digg" but I just haven't found something that is completely easy to use, or up to my rigorous specifications. maybe i haven't given them enough of a chance (or maybe my office doesn't use firefox, which has convenient add-ons)- i'll try and let you know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Roko said...

Taking no stance on the validity of the claim:

I'm confused. How does Germany propose to establish jurisdiction over a non-German, for alleged crimes committed against non-Germans, occurring outside of it's borders?

6:15 PM  
Blogger Ariela said...

it is too early for words (7:22am). i really wish i could sleep in until 9. that would just make my effing day.

that is all.

remind me to send you guest-blogger-of-the-day stuff.

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home