Friday, September 19, 2008

A veritable smorgasbord

Remember this one from mad tv during the primary season? (NSFW) (also, not safe if songs easily get stuck in your head, after this one, you’ll be singing “under barak obama –bama –bama”)



And then there’s this
project that created a bumper sticker for every state in the nation. I think my favorite is the one for florida.

here’s a cute video of a deer and a rabbit



Also, I have notes from last nights campaign office night – MO Congressman Jeff Smith was there to rally the troops. I’ll be posting excerpts from his talk later, when I get organized.

A quote from
Gawker about the current economic meltdown:

"Where is the definitive guide to how the Chinese Communist Party made all this happen when it decided the best way to make everyone forget about democracy was to keep the lives of its citizens improving at a dramatic but steadily controlled rate by getting them all jobs manufacturing stuff Americans could not really afford because they work retail but would buy anyway because of the cheap credit that got us into this mess and anyway, the US Treasury will bail everyone out, because no matter how much they overpay the mercenaries keeping the peace in The Iraq China will always have excess wads cash under the mattress to lend them?Glad you asked! It's in the
Atlantic Monthly of about nine months back."

How is it that the government can get $85 billion to bailout AIG, but can’t get ice to Ike victims in Texas? Oh right, this must be the whole Human Dignity vs. Corporate Greed thing that we talked about the other day. Oh, and when do I get my bailout? you know, as opposed to being put on the hook for all the bad decisions that companies that have been robbing us blind for the past decade have made?

After Ellen has a
quote via GQ from Transformers leading lady Megan Fox, that I’m sure we can all like:

"Look, I’m not a lesbian — I just think that all humans are born with the ability to be attracted to both sexes. I mean, I could see myself in a relationship with a girl — Olivia Wilde is so sexy she makes me want to strangle a mountain ox with my bare hands. She’s mesmerizing."

Strangle a mountain ox with my bare hands. I love it. You strangle that mountain ox, Megan, you just go ahead and do that.

And now a
quote via a reader, via gawker via CNBC Sucks:

“Let me break it down for you. Obama is 47, McCain is 72. If you are 47 or younger, you can expect to live another 30 years. ALL of McCain's policies are based on him being safely dead by the time we starve and kill each other on the streets as a consequence of his policies.”

So true! McCain can fuck up whatever he wants because he’s not going to be around to reap the horrible horrible price - ! I mean, the great and glorious rewards, of course.

Incidentally, I bought a bunch of Obama stickers today. They should arrive in a couple days, so if you want one, or ten, let me know.

And to round it all out, Obama is back up in national tracking polls. Thank God. That’s all I got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home