Wednesday, September 17, 2008

i just had the most interesting conversation with Jen's grandma

Did you see the stock market again today? Down 450 points...again. So for the last 6 days, it's down ~800 points. Here's a simple talking point for everyone to take to their right-wing coworkers – first the point, then a concrete example.

When Bill Clinton was in office, the DOW rose, upwards of 7400 points over the course of eight years. While Bush has been in office, the DOW has dropped 50 points over the course of seven years.

Democrat = up 7400.

Republican = down 50

Now for the example. Imagine that you had $100 to put in the stock market and you had the option of putting it in during either of the aforementioned presidencies, would you pick the Democrat or the Republican?

If you picked Bill, you would have earned 227% on your investment, giving you a total of $327.

If you picked W, you would have lost .48% on your investment, giving you a total of $99.51.

$327 or $99?

And with W, you paid more for food, gas, and health care... and you might have lost your house too, and your job, and oh, I don't know, your pride in this nation.

But the point you should hammer home, is that with Clinton, the evil liberal Democrat, you made $227. and with W, the Republican who would be both the everyman and CEO President, you lost a buck, and gained nothing at all.

Here's another point to hammer home. McCain wants to tax your employer paid health benefits. I'll say that again because it bears repeating. John McCain wants to tax the money that your employer pays for your health insurance. To make it super simple for all our knucklehead right-wingers:

Obama wants to give the Middle Class a $1,000 tax break, and McCain wants to tax your health insurance.

Democrats, HAMMER. THIS. HOME.

On to other things, J9 Brizzle has alerted me to the fact that Michelle Obama is going to be on Paula Dean. We here at Adventures are big fans of Paula Dean, with her gregarious self, and her fried butter balls. So, you can be sure that when the video hits youtube, you'll see it here. I heart Michelle Obama.

The best Obama button I've seen yet has a black and white picture of his two kids, and in a handwritten scrawl, it says “Vote for our Daddy.” :D

Here's a question, if Republicans believe that their ideas are better, that their policies are better, and that when they run the country, people are better, why do they always cheat in elections? Between voter suppression and intimidation, gerrymandering and unlawfully hiding races on ballots, what gives? If you really believe that you are better, why not play fair and give the people a choice. And here's the answer, if they ran on their record, and the issues, they would lose, every. Single. Time. And that's why they support Rovian tactics, because if they didn't, they wouldn't even stand a chance.

Someone hacked Sarah Palin's yahoo account. HAHAHAHAHA. And as previously though, she had been conducting state business through her personal email account. A method that has been used in the Bush Administration to avoid subpoenas under the Freedom of Information Act.

I loves me some Margaret Cho:

I'm a Christian, you Fuckers

First of all – you fucking fake Christians - don’t fucking question my Christianity. I grew up in the church. My grandfather was a minister, who is with God now and talks to me in my dreams from God’s corner office. I am a former Sunday school teacher. I taught the Bible to children and showed them how to love God and invite him into their hearts. I believe in God – but I don’t fear him. God is my best friend. God is my ally. God is my boyfriend. God is my best fag. I am God’s fag hag cuz didn’t you know, God is a big fag. Serious bottom too. Butch in the streets, femme in the sheets. That is my God. God is my biggest fan. God gets me, dude.

God wants us all to just get along. He doesn’t give a shit about the profanity. The bitch fucking invented profanity. He thinks it is hilarious. He just wants you to talk to him, and he doesn’t care what you have to say. He just wants to keep the conversation going. Like Jay-Z, he just wants to love you. He just wants you to be able to make your own decisions. God is all about you and what you need. God is happy that you are gay. God made you fucking gay cuz he thinks it is awesome. God understands if you need to have an abortion. That is why he created abortion, on the 8th day. God accepts. God forgives. God loves all of us, even though some of us might have a problem with each other.

Don’t fucking question my Christianity you fucking idiot assholes. If you continue to have a problem, then talk to God about it, not me, you fucking racist homophobic misogynist fake Christian shitheads. God thinks it is funny that I swear so much. He said I could use his name in vain or whatever. He just wants me to use it. He loves me. So fuck you. And I guess he loves you too. Even though you are fake Christian assholes. If you were truly Christians, you would let gays get married, and send them fucking presents from Bed Bath and Beyond!

If you truly believed in Jesus, you would try to be like him and love us, fags and dykes and feminists all. God bless you, even you. You fucking fuckers.

(http://www.margaretcho.com/blog/2008/09/17/im-a-christian-you-fuckers.html

God bless Margaret Cho.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home