Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I'm not going to lie, I love Xena. And really, how can you not love the campy-ness, the pseudo greek mythology, the swords and armor, the delicious Xena/Gabrielle subtext made maintext? Xena was the touchstone that made "gay" very real to a scared 15 year-old, and made it ok. I credit Xena with my coming out. Thanks, Warrior Princess.

Upon arrival at work today, I noticed four, count them four, turkeys. Full grown, live, wild turkeys. Big ones. Three females and a male. A giant male. That's all, I thought I was crazy, but other people were pointing and gawking at them too. I'm used to ducks and geese at the company pond, but never have I seen turkeys.

Well, next week is a big week for politics. Q1 detailed numbers are released on the 16th, the Gonzales hearing is on the 17th and the Rice hearing is on the 18th. Fun fun and a bottle of rum.

A little birdie told me that Gonzales can't keep his story straight in mock hearing testimony. Apparently he repeatedly contradicted himself and got the time line confused. Must be hard to keep all the lies straight, eh Gonzales? I'm very excited about this hearing and will diligently be watching and taking notes that day.

Man, I just got talked to by my boss about a client who complained about me. That was a first. Stupid fucker. We told you that it was delivered. We checked with UPS that it was delivered. It was delivered to the correct address and was signed for - what else, exactly, do you want me to do?

Turns out what I always said about there not being straight girls, might be true. From the NYT:

"In experiments in which subjects are shown photographs of desirable men or women, straight men are aroused by women, gay men by men.

Such experiments do not show the same clear divide with women. Whether women describe themselves as straight or lesbian, "Their sexual arousal seems to be relatively indiscriminate — they get aroused by both male and female images," Dr. Bailey said. "I'm not even sure females have a sexual orientation. But they have sexual preferences. Women are very picky, and most choose to have sex with men."" (emphasis mine)

Hopefully, there will be more news and such tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Speaking of Xena, in case you haven't seen this...

http://www.pistolwimp.com/media/60286/

HA! Lucy Lawless is amazing.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Roko said...

We have wild turkeys out here too, they're almost too dumb to survive. I should not be able to chase a bird down on my bike.

Unrelatedly, I'm coming into town on the 18th to take the parenthesis off the frat in Roko the Wonder (Frat) Boy for a little while, and if you're going to be around, I'd love to meet up for a drink, and perhaps say hello to Mr. Beverage, who I haven't seen since he was a homicidal hairball. Let me know.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home