Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Don't Ask, Don't Tell sucks. How can you be good enough to fight and die for your country, but not be good enough to serve openly without getting fired? How is that ok? What the fuck is wrong with General Pace, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?

General Pace says: "I believe homosexual acts between two individuals are immoral and that we [the military] should not condone immoral acts... I do not believe the United States is well served by a policy that says it is OK to be immoral in any way."

Hmmmmm. But once again, it's ok if these so-called immoral people fight and die for their country? Immoral huh? I think it's immoral to start a war with a sovereign nation. I think it's immoral to bomb an entire country back into the stone age. I think it's immoral to torture. I think it's immoral to send troops into harms way without proper equipment. I think it's immoral to discriminate against people based on something they cannot change. So fuck you General Pace. And if you really want to go there, in the words of the late great Bill Hicks,

"Here's how I feel about gays in the military: Anyone … dumb enough … to want to be in the military … should be allowed in. End of fucking story. That should be the only requirement. I don't care how many push-ups you can do – put on a helmet, go wait in that fox hole. We'll tell you when we need you to kill somebody. I've been watching all these Congressional hearings and all these military guys and all the pundits going, "The esprit de corps will be affected, and we are such a moral …" Excuse me, but aren't you all a bunch of fucking hired killers? Shut up! You are thugs, and when we need you to go blow the fuck out of a nation of little brown people, we'll let you know." (BOLD emphasis mine.)

UPDATE:Here's someone making sense about morality (from C&L)

"Retired General Paul Eaton worries about the message all of this is sending to America's other allies in the world. "Anybody who threw their lot in with the Americans deserves an opportunity for a future. And the loyalty has got to be in both directions. If we do not take care of these people, then the signal to anybody else in the future is a bad signal. And if you throw your lot with the United States, they'll use you for a while and then they will – they'll just cut you off," he argues. Asked if he thinks it's a matter of honor, Eaton says, "I believe this is a matter of morality."
So, it's ok if you're gay and we're in a war. It's ok for you to die for your country. But if we're at peace, we have to kick you out.
http://tinyurl.com/2ztbo4
See this story about the gays?
Cariss sent it to me:
LSU Women's Basketball Coach Resigns Amid Scandal
Seems the good coach was getting busy with one of her players....let's see 37 year old coach, 21-22 year old players, 16 year difference, nothing I haven't seen before. Now, what I saw in high school, a 40-something female coach getting awful touch with 16-18 year olds, now that was wrong. Furthermore, you're not really an adult until you are in college - second year. (note: some people are never adults.) So basically, you are an adult in college, if you want to sleep with your coach, fine - as long as there's no sex-to-play shenanigans going on. Two consenting adults, right? right. But in high school, definitely a no no. Why? Because high schoolers are KIDS. ok, done.
Remember how I said that the firing of seven US Attorneys story was going to keep rolling? Well, today it's being reported that at first, Bush wanted to fire all 93 US Attorneys and start completely over. Sure, it's not about politics at all. Administration officials continue to claim that the purge was to get rid of poor-performers, but on their last reviews, they all got very high marks. seems they were all very competent and very good prosecutors ...apparently a little too good. http://www.jellyfish.com/sotd
Meanwhile, Viacom is suing Google for $1 billion (thats with a "b") over Youtube and what Viacom calls "massive intentional copyright infringement" You should not that Google bought Youtube for $1.65 billion. Also, here's my favorite tidbit: "Shares in Viacom gained 1.25 percent to $40.07 and Google shares slipped 1.25 percent to $449.07 in morning trading."(emphasis mine)
So who's the bigger bitch Viacom?
Who doesn't love L word? This season has been pretty good, but I gotta tell you, I'm not on the Bette/Jodi bandwagon. I think they are awkward as hell and have zip for chemistry. Me likey Shane and Paige (duh.) and alice and tasha. helena and what's her face are a train wreck, Tina is Tina, jenny is a mess, papi and kit - ewwwwwy, am I missing anyone? But back to Shane and Paige and their stories. nice. very nice story telling. One thing this season, hasn't had enough of has been story-telling. Unfortunately, a little bird told me that Paige will not be back next year, seems she did not enjoy the cattiness on the set. boo on that. very very boo on that (and as jen would say, le sigh). I thought that perhaps, Paige could do what Carmen couldn't...tie Shane down (in more ways than one) - since it seems that Shane has passed her sleeping with everything that moves torch along to Papi (who, won't be staying with Kit, I mean Kit is straight after all, right? RIGHT? tell me there's not going to be any Papi/Kit sex scenes, please. PLEASE?)
Speaking of lesbians. I just walked by one of the women in the office who I've long suspected of being a lesbo. As I was walking by, I noticed her stopping to talk to some other woman, she said "are you all right?" now, nothing funny here. but as she was saying it and as she was listening to the other woman respond, she was stroking her hair, dare i even say, caressing her hair - in such a way that she had to reach around the other womans head, to the back of her hair and stroke the hairs just above the neck. I walked by and my eyebrows went up. It just didn't seem like gesture that you would use if you were straight, or at the office for that matter. The office plot thickens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home