Tuesday, September 12, 2006

7:50a
The only thing worse than a Monday is coming in to work early on a Tuesday with only 4 hours of sleep under your belt and having your boss practically run over to you and ask "so are you up for a challenge this morning?"

8:05a
Fortunately the "challenge" was averted. It seems that a coworker called in sick, my boss, who would normally back the coworker up on the phone lines was going to be in an interview, and her boss was out today too. What did this mean for me? All the calls coming in were going to be routed to me, no matter what the person needed - 90% of it, I would not be able to handle. Lucky for me, bossman's interview was cancelled abruptly.

8:35a
You know you've been playing too many video games when not only do you dream about them, but scenes from the game are just behind your every thought and you see the "life bar" over people in real life. I think people that overdose on the Sims experience this.

9:06a
So the car that I'm driving...it broke. The inside of the windshield steams up to the point where you cannot see out of it and steam pours from the air vents along with a sickly sweet smell. Meanwhile the "overheating gauge" registers nothing. I'm told that there's something wrong with the heat core - hopefully Jen's grandfather can fix the thing or we are going to become a one car household, and I'm just not sure how that's going to work. But I'll worry about it if Jen's g-pa can't fix the problem

10:52a
5hrs and 38 minutes remain. 11 calls.

10:56a
I've just been informed that after lunch, I'm back to listening into calls - I can expect this to go on from 12-1:15 when the woman I'll be listening into will go to lunch. praise be. sucks that they're taking me off the phone, I had just dialed up air America...

11:05a
Taking lunch at 11a is stupid, so, I'm not going to. See, you want to take lunch as late as possible so that the rest of the day is shorter. If I took lunch now, I would be done by noon and then have four and a half uninterrupted hours in front of me. If I take it at noon, then I only have 3.5. See how 3.5 seems so much less than 4.5?

In other news, I need a haircut, like whoa. I hate it when it is just short of being long enough to tie back, but long enough that it's all up in my business (said in a complete white accent <- this one's for your janine). anyway, i gotta call me a bscoot. But not tonight because I am ungodly tired and plan on going straight to bed with a minor detour for dinner.

Hey Rachel Ray - here's another down and dirty 15-minute meal for ya:

cook turkey burger on george forman
apply salsa con queso to bun
add burger
consume

did I say 15 minutes? I meant three.

Speaking of food, Fast Food Nation is being made into a movie, it promises to be full of "there's shit in the meat" goodness.

11:19a
SLAM DUNK! Jen passed her last exam - she is now available for all of you financial planning needs. Do you have your exit buddy? Proceed to your dream location. (Note: Still seeing images from Dynasty Warriors: Xtreme Legends behind my eyes.)

1:03p
I never cease to be amused by the simple fact that I wear combat boots to work every day. What will I do with my bonus money this year?

1:33p
I commented on 9/11 yesterday, Keith Olbermann did it much much better -
"When those who dissent are told time and time again — as we will be, if not tonight by the President, then tomorrow by his portable public chorus — that he is preserving our freedom, but that if we use any of it, we are somehow un-American… When we are scolded, that if we merely question, we have "forgotten the lessons of 9/11"… look into this empty space behind me and the bi-partisanship upon which this administration also did not build, and tell me: Who has left this hole in the ground? We have not forgotten, Mr. President. You have. May this country forgive you."

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/09/11/keith-olbermanns-special-commnet-on-bush-who-has-left-this-hole-in-the-ground-we-have-not-forgotten-mr-president-you-have-may-this-country-forgive-you/

1:43p
When I was here last year and I used to draw smiley faces/unhappy faces/frowny faces for Carl, because we sit next to each other and I'm a goof. I was just informed that he kept one of them for a very long time after I left hanging on his wall. I'm sure that he loves that I am back to draw him new ones.

2:51p
It looks like my exile into listening-to-calls land was brief today. Mercifully.

Al Franken: God Spoke - coming soon to theatres near you, watch the trailer:
http://movies.aol.com/movie/al-franken-god-spoke/25820/trailer

2:53p
Twenty "interactions." 2hr 37min remain

They are changing my schedule on me - and I was just getting used to getting up early. So instead of starting at 8a and leaving at 4:30p, I'll be coming in it 9a and leaving at 5:30p - yuck. If I have my way when peak starts, I'll be coming it at 7a and leaving by 3:30p, now that would be ideal. It's much easier to run errands/do chores when it's still light out, because when the sun goes down, all I want to do is relax.

Tonight is all about relaxing. Relaxing and celebrating. Relaxing, celebrating, drinking a bottle of wine....and going to bed. I think I've had eight hours of sleep in the last two nights combined, I really am looking forward to a full eight hours-in one night. I was doing ok there, about 20 minutes ago, but now my eyelids are heavy and my eyeballs are tired of my contacts.

3:46p
44 minutes remain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home