Monday, October 20, 2008

A study in contrasts

The Obama rally in St. Louis on Saturday drew a crowd of over 100,000 people. Just look at these pictures. That’s awesome.





and just for shits and giggles, here's a pic from McCain's rally in St. Charles:


HAHAHAHA.


Big Bill Clinton will be in St. Louis tonight, Kirkwood HS, doors open at 6:30pm. I managed to get out of work early and so I’ll be there working the event. If I can get a pic with Bill and me, I’ll post it.

Meanwhile, Sunday I had GOTV training at our field office – I’m not sure what I can disclose, so let me just assure you that you should feel extremely confident in the Obama GOTV operation. It is thorough and extensive. I am expecting to be in a room, directing traffic, WITHOUT internet for 16 hours. So, if anyone wants to text me important news that day, I would be much obliged.

If you know anyone that needs a ride on election day, and they live in St. Louis city or county, they can call 1-877-MO-CHANGE for a FREE ride to and from the polls.

I read today that 5000 lawyers in Florida have volunteered with the Obama campaign to monitor and manage problems at the polls. That is awesome. Missouri also has a large number of lawyers ready to address issues here, as we will be a swing state. (we WILL go for obama.)

Pollster.com currently has MT and ND in play. That’s right, Montana and North Dakota – McCain can’t even hold those.

Update on Ellen
Jen informs me that Ellen has donated $100k for the Prop 8 opposition. Thank you Ellen! Who think that it was my letter that did it?

More on Prop 8
Through their Hell to Pay program, the Dkos community raised in excess of $100k for Prop 8 opposition this weekend. Proudly joining the opposition and donating, was my grandma. Thanks Grandma!

Speaking of raising money, the latest fundraising reports show that Obama raised $150 million last month. The average donation was $84. That is awesome. Obama will not be beholden to any special interests, he truly will be the people’s president.

I love finding democrats at work. I especially love when it’s someone who I thought was a Republican.

Oh, and there was a little announcement this weekend, something about Colin Powell endorsing Obama. That’s big. It’s hard to make an experience based argument against Obama when you have Colin Powell backing him up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home