Wednesday, September 20, 2006

9:46a
Oh Wednesday, how I do enjoy hump day...so guess what I didn't do last night? If you said laundry, dishes and the gym, you would be correct. I suppose I'll do those things tonight (maybe), in between getting a haircut and picking up a birthday present for my dad. Instead of doing the aforementioned things, we fell asleep shortly after dinner - and you know what, it felt damn good. With the weather cooling off, and the window open, it was quite chilly in the apartment - allowing us to snuggle all the more deeply under the covers. I love the fall and winter for exactly that reason.

10:10a
My eyes get so tired so quickly from staring at a computer screen all day long.

10:26a
I hate stupid people that cannot follow simple instructions and/or people who do not listen to the answer when they ask a question.

10:50a
You can only play so much text twist at one time.

10:55a
The only good thing about tomorrow is that it's another casual day, bringing this week's casual days to 60% of the week. Because if I have to be here, I'd rather be here in jeans. Unrelated note: maybe bscoot will cut my hair tonight...

11:57a
I'm a hungry bear.

12:14p
Ohhhh... supposedly we're going to be having some "heavy duty" training after lunch today. What does this mean? It means I'll be offline and bored out of my mind.

12:52p
I would like to go home now. 5hr 37min remain. 12 interactions.

2:04p
Apparently Gosh-shoe is falling apart without me. MS. reports that bossman has tried to setup an "intervention" between two warring staffers. MS opines that a cage match might be more appropriate... here's what I say "ha ha ha, ha, ha."

3:18p
Training sucks and is completely useless - in the manner that they are going about it. Today, they taught me things I already know and walked me through things they trained me on last week. I don't mind that they are being stupid (it's all the same to me, and only annoys me a little), so it's their money that they're blowing. It's my third week here and I've done almost nothing.

3:34p
This is great. Great great great great great great. Why does the media not cover this stuff? Why are democrats always labled as spineless and infighting? How about dedicated, brilliant and clever? An excerpt (but read the whole thing - and watch the video):

Mr. Durbin: Will the Senator yield for a question?

Mr. Reid: I will be happy to yield for a question.

Mr. Durbin: Can the Senator refresh my memory? Was Mr. Bremmer the recipient of a gold medal or something from the President? Didn't he receive some high decoration or medal for his performance in Iraq?

Mr. Reid: The answer is, yes, he received that. I assume one would expect that from somebody who had a throne while he was over there.

Mr. Durbin: Isn't it also true that George Tenet, who was responsible for the intelligence that was so bad that led us into the war in Iraq, got a medal from the President the same day?

Mr. Reid: That is true.

Mr. Durbin: Did Michael Brown with FEMA receive a gold medal from the White House before he was dismissed?

Mr. Reid: I don't think he did. Even though he was doing a heck of a job, I don't think he obtained a medal from the White House.

Mr. Durbin: Apparently, these gold medals were being awarded for incompetence. They missed Mr. Brown, but they did give one to Mr. Bremmer. Will the Senator yield for another question?

Mr. Reid: I will be happy to.

Mr. Durbin: I am trying to recall the exact number -- it was in the billions of dollars -- that we gave to the President for the reconstruction of Iraq; is that not true?

Mr. Reid: It started out at $18 billion. But as the Senator from Illinois will remember, part of that money, stacks of one-hundred-dollar bills, was used by some of the contractors who were sent over there to play football games -- some of these same people.

Mr. Durbin: It is also true, is it not, that the Democratic policy conference has been holding hearings -- in fact, I think it is the only agency on the Hill holding hearings -- on this waste and abuse, this profiteering and corruption at the expense of American taxpayers and even, equally important -- more importantly -- at the expense of our troops?

Mr. Reid: I say to my friend, this war is approaching 3 1/2 years, and there has not been a single congressional oversight hearing on the conduct of the war. This war has now cost us, the American taxpayers, about $325 billion. There has not been a single congressional oversight hearing on the war.

Schapap - right in the face. If the republicans did something like this, we'd hear about it all the live-long day. Instead of coverage, from CNN: Chavez calls Bush 'devil' - oh well crap, i was hoping for some inane story like coverage of the holloway disappearance, the latest in teh jon benet case (how fast did that disappear) or something equally unworthy of mention - let alone coverage day after day.

For once CNN gets it right - cover a story that's important on an international stage. Another world leader called the president of the United States, a "devil" and commenting that "And it smells of sulfur still today." Funny, he said what we're all thinking. But more importantly, CNN actually covers it. whoa.

Chavez also accused the U.S. government of having a double standard, protecting terrorists when it suits its leaders. A good point. How about Pakistan? do we protect them? do we give them money? yep and yep. did they just sign a peace agreement with pro-taliban militants? sure did! and Iraq - they didn't have any terrorists before we went in and fucked up their country. now they have lots. lucky us. did we destroy all their stuff and now we're rebuilding what we broke. of course, because we're so generous.

but back to my point, the only news outlet covering the Democrats pointedly clever acts in Congress is the Huffington Post (a decided progressive publication.)

* I stand corrected, Dailykos also has it. But no one is really trumpeting it. And they should!

3:59p
I just had the unmistakable, but also inexplicable taste of beer in my mouth - i SWEAR i have not been drinking.

4:11p
I've just been informed that next week is 100% casual days.

5:02p
My phone officially sucks - it randomly drops calls, eats texts messages and loses missed calls and voicemails. When am I up for another one again?

5:13p
I'm ready to go home now. 17min. 18 interactions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home