Friday, January 13, 2006

9:04am
No hot water..No hot water...

9:15am
Lets talk about Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Basically, the idea goes that the days are shorter in the winter, there's less sunlight, it's cold, people get sad. So, the weather affects mood. And what a difference a day can make. Yesterday it was sunny and must have hit 60 degrees. I for one was happy, the sun was shining, birds were chirping, all was right with the world...and then there's today, cold and rainy, no birds. And even thought it's Friday today, my mood was better yesterday...maybe I should invest in one of those special sun lamps that is supposed to treat SAD - your body does need vitamin D.

9:26am
Alito hearings continue today, more testimony from witnesses, ever more witnesses.

11:17am
Damn it's cold outside and snowing too...I've been informed that it's supposed to be 60 degrees on Sunday, and sunny. Schizophrenic St. Louis weather.

12:18pm
Dammit! Specter just announced his support for Alito. Oh, ok, just to send him out of committee, not necessarily as an aye vote on the floor.

1:07pm
The official numbers are in! I've taken 2,470 calls for this company, averaging 2:30 minutes talk time and :30 hold time. Oh, and I've transferred fully 20% of the calls I take to another department. That's 20% of my time that I'm not speaking specifically to the company's customers....maybe I should write a memo or something.

1:13pm
Again, with the scheduling of lunch problem. The time is 1:13pm and I have not gone to lunch yet.

2:00pm
Oh great, several EU nations and the US want to refer Iran to the UN Security Council over the whole nuclear thing...we know what happens when errant nations get referred to the Security Council...nuclear war!

2:05pm
My space heater is sitting on my desk blowing nice hot air across my face.

2:28
Oh god...three more hours of this. I just want to go home, crawl into bed with a nice cup of hot chocolate, and watch movies.

2:42pm
I'd just like to share that one of my friends who I email back and forth will all day, just emailed me a very funny story. I cannot repeat the story, but I will say that I laughed out loud.

2:48pm
I had a plan for the Republicans to clean up, here's someone else's plan for the Democrats to buck up. http://www.dangfunnypolitics.com/manifesto.html

2:54pm
Don't just tell me that you're going to conference in someone else. Ask me some questions to determine if I am the one that can help you. Then, ask if you can conference someone else in. Anything else is just impolite.

3:19pm
Here's what seattlepi.com has to say about the upcoming (and I use that term in the loosest sense - Nov 17) movie "Happy Feet" -

"an Australian-made whimsy directed by George Miller ("Babe") about a tap-dancing emperor penguin." and

"HAPPY FEET: An animated movie about a tap-dancing penguin sounds positively icky, but the director is the reliable George Miller ("Babe"), the voices include Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman, and trusted sources who have had an advance peek swear it's "destined to be a classic."

IMDB:Plot Outline: Into the world of the Emperor Penguins, who find their soul mates through song, a penguin is born who cannot sing. But he can tap dance something fierce!

Looks good to me.

4:00pm
For some reason, I can't seem to focus on my work today...

4:13pm
Speaking of the Alito hearings, here are some anti-choice ministers ANOINTING THE SENTATE HEARING DOORS

4:25pm
Ex-Gitmo chief takes military 5th on abuse scandal

US Prosecuters introduce Padilla's application to join Al-Queda

here's what the form could look like

and for all you people that own airsoft, air, or pellet guns, be warned

4:48pm
I've had one call in the past 2 hours.

5:10pm
Happy Friday! I have Monday off, so if there's news and I feel like updating, I will. If not, I'll see you all on Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home