Thursday, December 08, 2005

9:39am
Snow sucks. The highways are a mess. I woke up this morning at 8:10, looked outside to see if it had started snowing and if I needed to get up and get ready to leave for work early. There was no snow to be found, so, I went back to sleep for 20 minutes. When I woke again at 8:30, snow was everywhere, shit! So I ran out of the house without breakfast because I knew it was going to take every second of 40 minutes to get to work, and it did. And I couldn't see shit on the way...white out. But I could see the swirls on the road that the snow drifts made...and they were hypnotic. I had to fight the urge to forget about anything else and just watch the changing patterns.

10:28am
A woman tried to complain to me that she didn't want to go back out to the bank in her area because it was raining. I informed her that it was snowing here. She agreed that I was worse off. At least I've talked to rational people so far today.

10:51am
I was literally on the phone with that woman for 20 minutes.

11:27am
Thank you Mr. Thxmas, you just made my day. He said "There's a $3.95 surcharge?" Yes. "well, that's life." Thank you sir, thank you.

11:30am
Apparently parts of 44 are closed due to ice build up.

12:56pm
Two to two and a half inches on the ground so far. Looks like the system has mostly moved out of the area, so I think the worst that I can expect on the way home is 3 inches. ugh. There are rumors of a 3-lane at a time plow. I would think that they could only use a monster like that at night.

3:38pm
My cubemate brought in a space heater from her house, it's currently blowing warm air across my face. Ahhhh.... 3 inches of snow on the ground.

1 Comments:

Blogger Roko said...

We got that storm last night here in the northeast. And since one of the partners is in Hawaii, the associate is packing for her move to Vegas, and the secretary lives way north and wasn't going to be able to make it in today, my dad decided to make today a snow day. Ha Ha.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home